Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RealGomer RealGomer is offline

Default Word 2003 changed paper size in one document

I have a document that was originally created in Word 2000. We are now using
Word 2003. (Office 2007 ain't gonna happen if our SysAdmins has anything to
say about it or Vista). For some reason, the paper size is displayed and
printed as though it is 10" by 14" instead of 8.5" x 11". All of the settings
are for 8.5" x 11" in Word and the printer. It's only occurring on this one
document. Suggestions?
--
I know enuff to be dangerous.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RealGomer RealGomer is offline

I solved the problem. It must be another feature of Office. This document had
comments and reviewing activated at one point. When I turned the reviewing
toolbar and the document jumped in width to 10" wide. When I selected Final,
all of the changes disappeared and the document shrank back to its correct
size. I didn't try printing it yet, but the last time everything was
scrunched to one side as though the reviewing comments were also being
printed.
Loverly.
--
I know enuff to be dangerous.

"RealGomer" wrote:

I have a document that was originally created in Word 2000. We are now using
Word 2003. (Office 2007 ain't gonna happen if our SysAdmins has anything to
say about it or Vista). For some reason, the paper size is displayed and
printed as though it is 10" by 14" instead of 8.5" x 11". All of the settings
are for 8.5" x 11" in Word and the printer. It's only occurring on this one
document. Suggestions?
--
I know enuff to be dangerous.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Word is reserving space for the so-called balloons on the page. You'll
find some settings that control this on the Track Changes tab of Tools |
Options.

See also the following article:

Print a document with tracked changes and comments showing
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH063555981033

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP