Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
SheriR. SheriR. is offline

Default Mailmerge Print

I have a three page document that I am trying to print/staple for each of the
people in the "database". I'm assuming that Word should be able to read the
end of each 3 page document and then staple it before moving on to the next
record. However, when I try to do this, every record is printed & then all
stapled together. I don't know if this is a Word issue or a printer issue or
if it just can't be done. Does anyone know? I've asked several people in my
office with no success.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you use a macro containing the following code, it will send each 3 page
document to the printer as a separate print task so that the printer will be
able to perform its finishing functions on each document:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid, professional basis.

"SheriR." wrote in message
I have a three page document that I am trying to print/staple for each of
the
people in the "database". I'm assuming that Word should be able to read
the
end of each 3 page document and then staple it before moving on to the
next
record. However, when I try to do this, every record is printed & then
all
stapled together. I don't know if this is a Word issue or a printer issue
or
if it just can't be done. Does anyone know? I've asked several people in
my
office with no success.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeff Knoll Jeff Knoll is offline

Default Mail Merge

I am trying to do a similar merge using
MAC OS X. Will this macro work for it also? What is the Macro?and is there anything extra that needs to be done on a MAC

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

If you use a macro containing the following code, it will send each 3
13-Oct-09

If you use a macro containing the following code, it will send each 3 page
document to the printer as a separate print task so that the printer will be
able to perform its finishing functions on each

Build the IE WebControls Visual Studio Solution!
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...bcontrols.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

This is the code for the macro that works with Word running under Windows:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

I am sorry, but I have no way of checking if it will work under MAC OS X.

I have cross posted this response to the microsoft.public.mac.office.word
newsgroup where someone may be able to shed some light on that possibility.
--

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

If you use a macro containing the following code, it will send each 3
13-Oct-09

If you use a macro containing the following code, it will send each 3 page
document to the printer as a separate print task so that the printer will
be
able to perform its finishing functions on each

Build the IE WebControls Visual Studio Solution!
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...bcontrols.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It works fine with Word 2004 and Word X (for example). Word 2008 has no
VBA - an Applescript version would probably not be much harder, although
(a) "print out" has been deprecated and (b) "print out" seems to have a
slightly different set of parameter definitions from the VBA version.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv