Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donna

Default Help with macro to add ":" after Table #

I am trying to create a macro in MS Word 2000 where the macro will change
style of all my table title( I can make this change by find and replace by
recording) but how can I add ":" after Table #.

For example
Currently I have all my tables with following title
Table 1 Abc Xyz
and I am trying to achive
Table 1: Abc Xyz

Any help on coding... Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

You don't need a macro.

Use EditReplaceMoreUse Wildcards.

Type in the find field: (Table [1-9]{1,})
Type in replace field: \1:
Replace All

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

You can add the 'Table' and the ':' to the numbering scheme itself, via the
Bullets and Numbering dialog.

"donna" wrote in message
I am trying to create a macro in MS Word 2000 where the macro will change
style of all my table title( I can make this change by find and replace by
recording) but how can I add ":" after Table #.

For example
Currently I have all my tables with following title
Table 1 Abc Xyz
and I am trying to achive
Table 1: Abc Xyz

Any help on coding... Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

But note that table captions are usually not created via Bullets and
Numbering, but rather via the Caption dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"donna" wrote in message
I am trying to create a macro in MS Word 2000 where the macro will

change
style of all my table title( I can make this change by find and

replace by
recording) but how can I add ":" after Table #.

For example
Currently I have all my tables with following title
Table 1 Abc Xyz
and I am trying to achive
Table 1: Abc Xyz

Any help on coding... Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donna

Thanks for the help Greg. My table titles are caption so, [1-9] do not
recognise the numerical values. so, I deleted [1-9] from the code and entered
it as (Table {1,}) this is working but ":" is replaced before number i.e.
Table: 1 instead of Table 1:

Any futher help with this.

Thanks
bansri

"Greg" wrote:

You don't need a macro.

Use EditReplaceMoreUse Wildcards.

Type in the find field: (Table [1-9]{1,})
Type in replace field: \1:
Replace All

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Donna,

Display field codes (ALT+F9)
In find type: Table ^d
In replace type: ^&:
Replace all
Toggle field codes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donna

I greatly appretiate the help, it worked.

Thanks

"Greg" wrote:

Donna,

Display field codes (ALT+F9)
In find type: Table ^d
In replace type: ^&:
Replace all
Toggle field codes

Table in a Form HiDbLevel Tables 12 February 27th 06 12:59 PM
Select specific cells in table via macro Bill Sturdevant Microsoft Word Help 1 July 27th 05 03:01 PM
Table headers/footers and layout Keith Page Layout 1 April 8th 05 07:37 PM
Word 2003 Table AutoFormat vs Macro vs VBA Kind writer/user/programmer Tables 1 October 28th 04 03:14 PM