Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
don cooper

Default scaned a document in word but can not edit the document

scaned a map that my wife uses for work but can not change the map or street
address in it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

A scanned document is a graphic, and thus not editable as text. If you just
want to make minor changes, you might be able to get away with superimposing
textboxes. Otherwise you'll need to open the graphic in a graphic editor,
erase the stuff you don't want and add new text in its place.

"don cooper" don wrote in message
scaned a map that my wife uses for work but can not change the map or
street
address in it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

No, you wouldn't be able to. You can either scan an image in as a picture or
you can tell it top scan it in as text. Considering a map, the second option
is NOT gonna work. Your best bet is to use an image editing program to do
whatever you want to do.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]