Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ceracat ceracat is offline

Default combining font lists

i would like to use the fonts in my Word 2003 in my xp picture it!premium10
image editing program, and vise versa. i have installed new fonts into the
pic it list, but only some went into the main alphabetical list. the rest
are alphabetically on top in their own list. i'm hoping for one master list
in word, and pic it.
If this is possible, please use very easy and very specific directions. i'm
not much past the point of knowing how to turn this thing on and where the
recycle bin is!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I don't know anything about PictureIt, but Word will only list fonts
installed in Windows that the current printer driver is capable of printing.
Whether it will display PictureIt fonts rather depends on what form those
fonts take.

ceracat wrote:
i would like to use the fonts in my Word 2003 in my xp picture
it!premium10 image editing program, and vise versa. i have installed
new fonts into the pic it list, but only some went into the main
alphabetical list. the rest are alphabetically on top in their own
list. i'm hoping for one master list in word, and pic it.
If this is possible, please use very easy and very specific
directions. i'm not much past the point of knowing how to turn this
thing on and where the recycle bin is!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Ceracat,

If you're referring to the font dropdown list in Word, the fonts 'above the line' are the most recently used ones. Those below the
lines should be the complete list of available fonts based on the printer selected in File=Print.

To clear or turn off the 'most recently used' (MRU) list you can use the steps in this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820917

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP