Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hernan Hernan is offline

Default link ruins formatting...

I have a word doc where I have text and numbers in this fashion:

ababababab (tab) xxx (tab) (tab) (tab) ababab ((tab) xxx

I wanted to link the numbers to some excel cells, but the moment I make the
link the formating goes awry like this:

ababab
(link)

ababab (tab) etc...

Is there any hope for me and my petty question?

TIA

Hernan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

How are you linking them?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Hernan" wrote in message
I have a word doc where I have text and numbers in this fashion:

ababababab (tab) xxx (tab) (tab) (tab) ababab ((tab) xxx

I wanted to link the numbers to some excel cells, but the moment I make
the
link the formating goes awry like this:

ababab
(link)

ababab (tab) etc...

Is there any hope for me and my petty question?

TIA

Hernan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hernan Hernan is offline

Hello JoAnn,

Thank you for replying.

I go to the open excel sheet, select the cell, copy it and then go to the
word document, place the cursor where I want the link and click on Edit and
Paste as Special selecting the html option.

Hernan

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

How are you linking them?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Hernan" wrote in message
I have a word doc where I have text and numbers in this fashion:

ababababab (tab) xxx (tab) (tab) (tab) ababab ((tab) xxx

I wanted to link the numbers to some excel cells, but the moment I make
the
link the formating goes awry like this:

ababab
(link)

ababab (tab) etc...

Is there any hope for me and my petty question?

TIA

Hernan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Okay, you aren't linking them, you're just copying the values. Why are you
using the .html option?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Hernan" wrote in message
Hello JoAnn,

Thank you for replying.

I go to the open excel sheet, select the cell, copy it and then go to the
word document, place the cursor where I want the link and click on Edit
and
Paste as Special selecting the html option.

Hernan

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

How are you linking them?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Hernan" wrote in message
I have a word doc where I have text and numbers in this fashion:

ababababab (tab) xxx (tab) (tab) (tab) ababab ((tab) xxx

I wanted to link the numbers to some excel cells, but the moment I make
the
link the formating goes awry like this:

ababab
(link)

ababab (tab) etc...

Is there any hope for me and my petty question?

TIA

Hernan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hernan Hernan is offline

Merry Christmas JoAnn,

As to the html option, I am following an advise from another forum or post.

Now concerning the link. It updates the cell involved accordingly, and
that's not a capability that can be performed by any value just being pasted.
Right?

Thanks for the reply.

"Hernan" wrote in message
Hello JoAnn,

Thank you for replying.

I go to the open excel sheet, select the cell, copy it and then go to the
word document, place the cursor where I want the link and click on Edit
and
Paste as Special selecting the html option.

Hernan

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

How are you linking them?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Hernan" wrote in message
I have a word doc where I have text and numbers in this fashion:

ababababab (tab) xxx (tab) (tab) (tab) ababab ((tab) xxx

I wanted to link the numbers to some excel cells, but the moment I make
the
link the formating goes awry like this:

ababab
(link)

ababab (tab) etc...

Is there any hope for me and my petty question?

TIA

Hernan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That makes sense. My experience with Excel and linking is really nominal and
even then it's just been between Excel documents. Try posting your question
over in the Excel newsgroup. Someone over there may have some help for you.

And a very Merry Christmas to you too. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Hernan" wrote in message
Hello JoAnn,

Thank you for replying.

I go to the open excel sheet, select the cell, copy it and then go to
the
word document, place the cursor where I want the link and click on Edit
and
Paste as Special selecting the html option.

Hernan

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

How are you linking them?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Hernan" wrote in message
I have a word doc where I have text and numbers in this fashion:

ababababab (tab) xxx (tab) (tab) (tab) ababab ((tab) xxx

I wanted to link the numbers to some excel cells, but the moment I
make
the
link the formating goes awry like this:

ababab
(link)

ababab (tab) etc...

Is there any hope for me and my petty question?

TIA

Hernan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hernan Hernan is offline

Ah. Ok then thanks for the "chat" :-)

Hernan

"Hernan" wrote in message
Hello JoAnn,

Thank you for replying.

I go to the open excel sheet, select the cell, copy it and then go to
the
word document, place the cursor where I want the link and click on Edit
and
Paste as Special selecting the html option.

Hernan

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

How are you linking them?

--