Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Alan is offline

Default Reading pdf files in word 2003

Hi everyone. I messed up something, and now I can no longer read pdf files
in word (I have Acrobat Reader 7.0). I used to be able to just open the pdf
file in word, and it would open. Can anyone help me on how to restore this?

Thanks so much.
--
Alan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Word does not read .pdf files. Never has, never will.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Alan" wrote in message
Hi everyone. I messed up something, and now I can no longer read pdf
files
in word (I have Acrobat Reader 7.0). I used to be able to just open the
pdf
file in word, and it would open. Can anyone help me on how to restore
this?

Thanks so much.
--
Alan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If you have a PDF inserted into a Word doc as an object or as an Icon,
double-clicking it *will* cause it to open in Reader... Perhaps that's what
you were thinking about:-) If it doesn't open in a PDF reader you may want
to right click a PDF file icon to see if the file association is intact.

Season's Greetings |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/25/07 11:44 AM, in article
, "Alan"
wrote:

Thank you JoAnn. I can't believe how I confused myself so completely. Sigh.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi JoAnn,

Actually you can insert a PDF file into Word as an object. If Adobe Reader 7.0 or higher is installed the first page should be
viewable as a graphic (i.e. upto single page size). As with multipage TIFFs, Word doesn't contain the ability to separate out the
pages to be viewable.
Some folks create PDFs of individual pages from Powerpoint presentations or spreadsheets and include those in Word as their company
standards specify to use PDF rather than graphics as inserted items.

You may want to be a bit more careful on 'never will' statements It took a number of years to get the 'save as PDF' feature
added, and some folks said that wouldn't happen either g.

===============
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message ...
Word does not read .pdf files. Never has, never will.

--

JoAnn Paules

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

But that's a different story. If you insert a .pdf file in a Word document,
you still have a Word document, not a .pdf file. And you're right, that
never will part could come back to bite me in the rump but I'll take my
chances. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
[...]

Reading Word files from 1991 Bill Microsoft Word Help 7 February 4th 08 12:17 AM
Reading Office 07 files MZB New Users 7 November 22nd 07 06:26 PM
Reading embedded XML files Doug Fox Microsoft Word Help 2 September 1st 05 01:40 PM
Reading .pcx files with Word 2003 Steve Hayes New Users 1 June 6th 05 04:14 PM
reading mac files on a pc jinty Microsoft Word Help 2 December 12th 04 08:09 PM