Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fiance Fiance is offline

Default Obscure details of Word 2007

Hello,

could someone briefly address the following somewhat infuriating
features of Word 2007:

1) where is the option to "remove personal information on save"? I
have spent some time already searching for it in the program and
online to no avail...

2) comparing documents requires opening the cumbersome "browse"
dialogs instead of the fast access via menu in earlier Words. Can I
just compare the document which is open by opening a quick browse
dialog which points to the folder where the document that I keep open
and want to compare is located?

3) how do I make "Save as" point to the desktop by default?

4) how do I make the invisible table grid (borders) slightly visible,
i.e. gray, on at all times by default? Now they are totally
invisible...

Thank you!