greers

Default How do I activate my scrolling in the web tools on Mword?

I am doing an assignment in my Microsoft Word book and it doesn't say how to
activate my scrolling text button on the web tools toolbar. I am trying to
create and format a web page. Would anyone have any answers to this question?
garfield-n-odie

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886299 "'Application is
not available' error messages when you try to insert some Web
Tools in Word 2002 and Word 2003".

greers wrote:

I am doing an assignment in my Microsoft Word book and it doesn't say how to
activate my scrolling text button on the web tools toolbar. I am trying to
create and format a web page. Would anyone have any answers to this question?

Don

garfield-n-odie wrote in news:
:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886299

Two amazing ADMISSIONS by Microsoft in this KB!

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886299

Scrolling Text
This object was created in MARQUEE. This application is not available to
open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed and
that it has not been deleted, removed or renamed."
Note This behavior does not occur on computers that are running Windows
XP without SP2 installed.

Note This behavior also occurs if you use Word as your e-mail editor.

CAUSE
The ActiveX controls were disabled in Windows XP SP2 because they pose a
security risk. There is no supported workaround to enable this
functionality in Microsoft Office.
end of quote

1) MS offered the MARQUEE banner option in free Front Page Express in the
IE 4.01 update in 1999.
The MARQUEE has NEVER worked in any web browser outside of MS Browsers.

2) Microsoft both knows and realizes that ActiveX has security
vulnerabilities and YET,
its activity is BOTH, USED and REQUIRED on most every Microsoft web
page!

Sorta like the pot calling the kettle black ;-)))