Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Morehouse

Default How much is a replacement key code

I had to re-boot my computer and it now says my Key code is invalid. I have
the word program on the computer as I found the trial code. Is there a way
to purchase just the key code so when my trial ends I don't have to pay $150.
for a program?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

No, a trial is just that - a trial. After it expires, it's time to pay the
piper.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bob Morehouse" Bob wrote in message
I had to re-boot my computer and it now says my Key code is invalid. I
have
the word program on the computer as I found the trial code. Is there a
way
to purchase just the key code so when my trial ends I don't have to pay
$150.
for a program?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Follow Up Please

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

No, a trial is just that - a trial. After it expires, it's time to pay the
piper.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

So even though I already paid for it with my computer - when my computer crashed and my settigns were re-set I will have to buy a new $150. program just to get the key code? I have the program already and had it - I just had my key code set invalid when my computer crashed.

"Bob Morehouse" Bob wrote in message
I had to re-boot my computer and it now says my Key code is invalid. I
have
the word program on the computer as I found the trial code. Is there a
way
to purchase just the key code so when my trial ends I don't have to pay
$150.
for a program?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

But you *didn't* pay for it. If you did, you would have said that you
purchased Office. Office isn't standard on computers unless you've purchased
your system from a company where you configured your own computer. You said
you didn't want your *trial period* to end. My point is that if you want
Office, then you have to pay for it like everyone else. If you don't want to
pay, you'd better start getting used to WordPad.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Follow Up Please" Follow Up wrote in
message ...

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

No, a trial is just that - a trial. After it expires, it's time to pay
the
piper.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

So even though I already paid for it with my computer - when my computer
crashed and my settigns were re-set I will have to buy a new $150. program
just to get the key code? I have the program already and had it - I just
had my key code set invalid when my computer crashed.

"Bob Morehouse" Bob
wrote in
message
I had to re-boot my computer and it now says my Key code is invalid. I
have
the word program on the computer as I found the trial code. Is there a
way
to purchase just the key code so when my trial ends I don't have to pay
$150.
for a program?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Follow Up Please

I am content with Works anyhow - I only needed to Word to open a certain file
-
I don't see a reason to pay $150. for the same program essentially. Works
will be fine. But I give it to Microsoft though. I had to pay $30 over the
phone to get them to tell me I needed to buy the $150. program too.

I am in the wrong business. But I appreciate the help - but again Works
will suit my needs. Word was nice as a bonus on my computer until it crashed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Follow Up Please

I won't have to get used to pad - I use Works 99% of the time, but needed
Word today to open a program. When my crash happened and I lost Word -
wasn't a problem til today. I will save my $150. and use basically the same
program in Works.

I had to give Microsoft $30 for a phone call help line to tell me my Outlook
Express couldn't re-install after my crash without another purchase. I
changed e-mail services too. I am in the wrong business.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

You can always join the Navy and deploy to WestPAC. Word isn't free in some
of the places you will go, but it isn't expensive either (or legal). Or so
I have heard ;-)
--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Follow Up Please

WOW - This has become more of a headache than I thought. I appreciate the
tremendous advice and remarks. I will not be needing WORD any longer.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

If all you need is to be able to *view* a Word file, download the free
viewer. http://www.microsoft.com/office/000/viewers.asp

I assume you paid the $30 before you came here? BTW - Outlook Express is a
freebie. It's part of Internet Explorer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Follow Up Please" wrote in
message ...
I am content with Works anyhow - I only needed to Word to open a certain
file
-
I don't see a reason to pay $150. for the same program essentially. Works
will be fine. But I give it to Microsoft though. I had to pay $30 over
the
phone to get them to tell me I needed to buy the $150. program too.

I am in the wrong business. But I appreciate the help - but again Works
will suit my needs. Word was nice as a bonus on my computer until it
crashed.

Can not set column width by code Shaw Tables 1 December 17th 05 07:08 AM
Help! Mailmerge code for all selected records? Kara Mailmerge 1 October 12th 05 07:05 PM
Word Mailmerge does not display a ZIP code beginning with a zero. FredSC Mailmerge 3 August 27th 05 01:07 PM
adding the post code Louise Mailmerge 3 May 4th 05 06:27 PM
How do I use the PRINT field code to ... Dave Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 03:06 PM