Lara Z

Default field limitation

I have heard, but never read this anywhere (or tried), that there is a
limitation of 280 fields per merge document in Word. Is this correct? Does
this mean that as long as any single document does not contain more than 280
unique fields that it will be OK?

Doug Robbins

The limitation comes more from the datasource end. Both Excel and Access
are limited to 255 or 256 columns/fields. Using a comma delimited text file
as a datasource, there is no such limit other than your patience inserting
each mergefield in its place.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP