susi k

Default how do I insert the degrees symbol?

There's gotta be an easy way to insert the degrees symbol, like it was 102*.
How do you do it?
Greg Maxey

Or CTRL+Shift+@ then spacebar

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Paul Ballou wrote:
° is alt+0176

"susi k" susi wrote in message
There's gotta be an easy way to insert the degrees symbol, like it
was 102*.
How do you do it?

sf

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:47:56 -0400, Greg Maxey wrote:

Or CTRL+Shift+@ then spacebar

I like that one!
Sunny

"sf" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:47:56 -0400, Greg Maxey wrote:

Or CTRL+Shift+@ then spacebar

I like that one!

Doesn't work in Notepad (not for me anyway)

Amedee Van Gasse

susi k shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

There's gotta be an easy way to insert the degrees symbol, like it
was 102*. How do you do it?

You didn't say what keyboard layout you have.
For the Belgian (azerty) layout:

Shift + )
It's on the right, just above the letter P.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?
TF

It works in Word. Notepad is a TEXT editor. About the only thing you can do
in Notepad is change the font!

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Sunny" wrote in message
:
: "sf" wrote in message
: ...
: On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:47:56 -0400, Greg Maxey wrote:
:
: Or CTRL+Shift+@ then spacebar
:
: I like that one!
:
: Doesn't work in Notepad (not for me anyway)
:
:

Greg

Sunny,

It doesn't sing or dance either. What is your point? This is a Word
newsgroup. Isn't reasonable to assume that the person asking the
question is looking for an answer that will work in Word?

Jim

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:17:52 +1000, "Sunny"
wrote:

"sf" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:47:56 -0400, Greg Maxey wrote:

Or CTRL+Shift+@ then spacebar

I like that one!

Doesn't work in Notepad (not for me anyway)

Whjy haven't you graduated to Wordpad? It's a little bit closer to
Word...

Blessed be, for sure...

edamlowe

Amedee Van Gasse ,

Most people Who are in a English Room Talking In english With An English
Product Have An English Keyboard

See the Similaritys ???

Amedee Van Gasse

edamlowe shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Amedee Van Gasse ,

Most people Who are in a English Room Talking In english With An
English Product Have An English Keyboard

See the Similaritys ???

I respectfully disagree. Please check your assumptions.

1. This is an English spoken newsgroup: yes, agreed.
2. Everybody here speak English (or should): yes, agreed.
3. Most people here are /native/ English speakers: I disagree. There
are people here from France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Japan,
Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Sweden, Brazil, Russia,...
4. Most people have an English product: I disagree, see 3.
5. Most people have an English keyboard: I disagree, see 3. By the way,
a dvorak keyboard is also "English".

So, why are there so many non-native speakers here? Why don't they go
to their own language newsgroup? Because:
a. The volume is too low.
b. The quality is too low.
c. More likely to find knowledgeable people among a bigger group.
If you need a tree, where do you go looking? In a forest, of course!

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

hkbs

Don't know if it will help but I use Word 2000 and have made Alt+o the
shortcut for the ° symbol. I use it a lot and it works fine for me.

Anne

"susi k" susi wrote in message
There's gotta be an easy way to insert the degrees symbol, like it was

102*.
How do you do it?

Stan Brown

"Paul Ballou" wrote in microsoft.public.word.newusers:
=B0 is alt+0176

Or, if you have a laptop as I do, type 00B0 and then Alt-X.

--=20

http://OakRoadSystems.com/