PT

Default Label Merge

I have an Avery label template for a 4 col x 6 row sheet. I want to print a
batch of consecutively numbered label so that sheet 1 goes fro 1 - 24, sheet
2 from 25 - 48, etc.

I created a Word doc from the template, and named it LabelTemplate.doc. In
it, I entered the field code {SEQ Label \n \*MergeFormat} in all but the
first cell. In the first I placed {SEQ Label\ r=1 \*MergeFormat} This
produced numbers 1 to 24 as desired.

Now to continue the numbering on to subsequent sheets, I assumed I'd do a
mail merge.

As a test I created an Excel file "Label.xls" consisting of a single column,
headed by the word "Number", and the figures 1, 25, 49, and 73 immediately
beneath. Then, I thought I'd edit cell 1's field by inserting Mergefield
"Number" in place of the "1", so that the field would then read

{SEQ Label\r=Mergefield Number} \*MergeFormat}.

My theory was that each page would have, in cell 1, a new starting number
from the Excel file, and would fill in the remainder of the sheet in
increments of 1.

But When I do so, I get a "Bookmark not defined" error, and the merge
produces a set of pages each with Undefined Bookmark in cell 1 and cells 2 -
24 containing sequential numbers 1 to 23.

Any help is welcome

--
PT