Melissa Claire

Default How do I salvage a corrupted MS Document Image File?

--
Melissa Claire
TF

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/CorruptDoc.htm
--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Melissa Claire" wrote in message
:
: --
: Melissa Claire

Melissa Claire

Dear Terry, That article did not help. Should I be asking this question in
the MS "Office" group instead of Word?
--
Melissa Claire

"TF" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/CorruptDoc.htm
--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Melissa Claire" wrote in message
:
: --
: Melissa Claire

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Melissa,

How are you using the MS Office Document Image (.MDI)
file? What is the exact error message you're getting
using those steps?

What version of MS Office and Windows are you using?

======
"Melissa Claire" wrote in message
Dear Terry, That article did not help. Should I be asking this question in
the MS "Office" group instead of Word?
--
Melissa Claire
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Melissa Claire

I used it to scan in a file of 22 pictures & papers of Genealogical material
and it gives directions on how to send as an email attachment and so I sent
it. It did open at my husband's office computer but not to the person it was
meant for. She said she needed things in JPG form or Adobe. When I went
back to the file to try to file it elsewhere or change the format: It said,
"this is not working because you have corrupted your file probable by sending
it by email incorrectly."
I have it on my desktop now from $39 dollars of MS help that didn't
help. I have Dell Professional XP 2003. It's a Dimension 8300 model and
it's got all the bells and whistles. It's MS Office Prof. Ed. 2003
(11.56...)
I've tried to transfer this file everywhere and I've just made things
worse. At last count I had an Adobe file with this 22 page file multiplied
by 5. Terrible! I don't want to rescan everything. I've lost a printer to
too much scanning. What's the point of the DIfile. I read all I can on it.
Right now it seems that scanning into MY PICTURES works and can be sent JPG
but this is one pic at a time. Is that the problem? Too much data on one
file?
P.S. Where is the quickest easiest place to go to get lessons on files....
--
Melissa Claire