Default Is there an easy way to put a form on a blank line?

What I want to do is make a document that looks something like this:

(Hope google posts this correctly)

Mailing Address: ____________________________________

____________________________________

____________________________________

I want to be able to fill in the mailing address form on the word
processor without the blank line shortening to the length of the form
entry, as it does if I underline the form.

I know this can be done with a table but I'm converting a complex
document and don't want to go table crazy. Is there a shortcut to do
this?

Any help would be appreciated.

HT

Use the line feature in the tab set.

Format, Tabs
Put in the number where you want it to end
Use #4 (it has the line)

wrote in message
ups.com...
What I want to do is make a document that looks something like this:

(Hope google posts this correctly)

Mailing Address: ____________________________________

____________________________________

____________________________________

I want to be able to fill in the mailing address form on the word
processor without the blank line shortening to the length of the form
entry, as it does if I underline the form.

I know this can be done with a table but I'm converting a complex
document and don't want to go table crazy. Is there a shortcut to do
this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Frou-Frou

I followed your instructions, but when I type on the line, the line moves
over and I have to go back underline the words I just typed. Is there an
easier way to accomplish this?

"HT" wrote in message
Use the line feature in the tab set.

Format, Tabs
Put in the number where you want it to end
Use #4 (it has the line)

wrote in message
ups.com...
What I want to do is make a document that looks something like this:

(Hope google posts this correctly)

Mailing Address: ____________________________________

____________________________________

____________________________________

I want to be able to fill in the mailing address form on the word
processor without the blank line shortening to the length of the form
entry, as it does if I underline the form.

I know this can be done with a table but I'm converting a complex
document and don't want to go table crazy. Is there a shortcut to do
this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Daiya Mitchell

One of these pages should answer your questions:

To Create Fill in the Blank Lines:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/LinesInForms.htm

Please Fill out this Form
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm

DM

"HT" wrote in message
Use the line feature in the tab set.

Format, Tabs
Put in the number where you want it to end
Use #4 (it has the line)

ups.com...

Frou-Frou wrote:
I followed your instructions, but when I type on the line, the line

moves
over and I have to go back underline the words I just typed. Is

there an
easier way to accomplish this?

I get it now. You create a bunch of tab positions on the ruler bar,
those are those little L's you make.

Now when you hit tab, it goes to the next tab position instead of
skipping the default five spaces.

Now all you have to do is underline the tab section that you want the
line to be on. You do this just like you would underline text any
text.

Now the line will not move over when you fill out the form.

You can set the form to underline so you don't need to underlien it
after the fact.

Hope that makes sense!

TF

Nope because when you enter text, the line gets gobbled up. The user wants
the line to stay, even when text is entered.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

wrote in message
oups.com...
:

TF wrote:
Nope because when you enter text, the line gets gobbled up. The user

wants
the line to stay, even when text is entered.

The line is replaced by an underline, which is the same thing. It
looks identical to the line being there. I just used this technique
today.

sf

On Fri, 6 May 2005 17:44:02 +0100, TF wrote:

Nope because when you enter text, the line gets gobbled up. The user wants
the line to stay, even when text is entered.

Type in information using the "underline" button.