hkbs

Default Printing from another PC

Windows 98/Word 2000
I create documents and send to a client as email attachments. When he prints
them, he often finds that the footer is missing or a one-page document has
become two. I have a Canon printer - he has an HP Deskjet. How can I set up
the documents so that he can print them how they are meant to be?

TIA
Anne

Shauna Kelly

Hi Anne

Word lays out a document according to the specifications for the active
printer that you see at File Print. Tell your Word that you have the same
printer as your client, and you'll see the document the way the client will
see it. However, bear in mind that different versions of Windows require
different printer drivers. So unless you have the same version of Windows,
there may yet be tiny differences.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"hkbs" wrote in message
Windows 98/Word 2000
I create documents and send to a client as email attachments. When he
prints
them, he often finds that the footer is missing or a one-page document has
become two. I have a Canon printer - he has an HP Deskjet. How can I set
up
the documents so that he can print them how they are meant to be?

TIA
Anne

Thomas Goettsche

This might be completely wrong but can I suggest that this problem might
have a completely different cause. I am frequently sent documents from the
US where the default page size is letter, whereas in other places it is A4.
If the page size is not reset to A4, the printed documents may either get
stuck due to a printer error message or get printed with the last line of
text missing.

The other cause of problems could be the margin sizes being set to a very
low number. Most printers today can print very close to the top, left and
right margins, but the bottom margin remains awkward. The sender may have a
more forgiving printer than you have.