clara

Default word error

Can anyone help me with this problem.
I start writing with microsoft word and about five mins
later I get a messege saying:
Runtime libray error C++++
Program : C:/ProgramFile/Microsoft
Office/Office10/WINWORD.EXE
I click the X to close the window and everything
disappears. I try to recover it but the same message
appears. Does anyone have a solution
TF

It would indicate a bad or incompatible add-in/macro is running. To prove
this, start Word in Safe Mode and test. From Start, Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Word will start in its default install mode bypassing all
add-ins, custom macros and templates, etc. Test it like this until it either
errors or your are convinced it is OK is Safe Mode. Once you are convinced,
see the following FAQ to determine what add-in may be installed:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...sInstalled.htm

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/