Completenovice

Default Why is 'file not availble' when I try to open a file?

The message ''file' not availble' comes up any time I try to open any Word,
Excel or Powerpoint saved file. I am using Microsoft Office Student and
Teacher Edition 2003.
Graham Mayor

This could be intrusion from your anti-virus software, but my guess is that
the file associations in the registry have gone awry. Try repairing Office,
which will re-register the various applications and restore the default
associations.
See also http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm followed by
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

open file talbert Microsoft Word Help 1 May 3rd 05 03:14 PM
Word experienced an error trying to open the file...... Jspagnoli Microsoft Word Help 0 April 8th 05 07:19 PM
cannot open file nitro Microsoft Word Help 1 February 5th 05 09:36 PM
Text Recovery and Open & Repair in WD 2003? UserRAW1975 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 03:00 AM
open (.dat file) in Word Hofnar Microsoft Word Help 2 December 10th 04 02:37 PM