Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wazza wazza is offline

Default word web page auto forwarding

I have designed a web page using word (2003)The page contains only a
movie/video file of approx 50 seconds. I want to have the page auto forward
to another page when the video finishes.
At the moment when the video finishes it "freezes"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hey Wazza

wazza wrote:
I have designed a web page using word (2003)The page contains only a
movie/video file of approx 50 seconds. I want to have the page auto forward
to another page when the video finishes.
At the moment when the video finishes it "freezes"

I'm pretty sure there's nothing in Word to support this feature. Word
is, after all, a text processor and not an HTML editor.

You can certainly post-process the resulting HTML code yourself, if you
are familiar with the relevant code (I _think_ you want to have a
redirect in the HTML header somewhere).

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in
:

Hey Wazza

wazza wrote:
I have designed a web page using word (2003)The page contains only a
movie/video file of approx 50 seconds. I want to have the page auto
forward to another page when the video finishes.
At the moment when the video finishes it "freezes"

I'm pretty sure there's nothing in Word to support this feature. Word
is, after all, a text processor and not an HTML editor.

You can certainly post-process the resulting HTML code yourself, if
you are familiar with the relevant code (I _think_ you want to have a
redirect in the HTML header somewhere).

Greetinx
Robert

Meta tag redirects are highly inefficient.
The possibility of redirecting after 55-60 is relying on the unlikely
possibility that the video is delivered from the website server and
through the visitors browser within the same time frame.

This would be better accomplished with server-side scripts.