sbell32

Default Page Numbering; Header

I'm trying to create a manual that is roughly 100 pages. It is divided into
7 chapters. Each chapter has a title page (serves as a section divider).

Eaach page within a chapter needs to have a header corresponding to the
chapter the reader is in. I can't figure out how to display the different
headers in each chapter that correspond with the chapter title. Right now
when I enter something in the header for Chapter 1 and I then go to Chapter 2
and enter a new title for Chapter 2, the header in Chapter 1 changes also.

Finally, I want to be able to have consecutive page numbering throughout,
but I don't want the page numbers to show up on the Chapter title pages.

I hope this isn't too complicated or perhaps not possible to do. I'm kind
of new to desktop publishing.

Thanks,

--
Steve
Jacob

This is a FAQ. You would get a quicker answer by doing a search sometimes.
Here is some info I've found helpful.

www.addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...berContent.htm

I hope this helps. I typed this in but it should work.

Charles Kenyon

In addition to the links Jacob gave you, look up the StyleRef field in help.
It is the missing piece to your puzzle.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"sbell32" wrote in message
[...]

You'll need section breaks, and you may need to unlink some of the headers
in some sections, but the StyleRef field will save a lot of that. See
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/HeaderFooter.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm for more tips.

"sbell32" wrote in message
[...]

Page numbering on a mail merged document Bevan Mailmerge 1 March 10th 05 02:57 AM
Page Number and Page header on the first page Frank Drost Formatting Long Documents 3 March 1st 05 02:17 PM
Need help "fooling" Word with Page Numbering jdkelley Microsoft Word Help 1 December 13th 04 10:26 PM
page numbering jeanne Page Layout 4 December 3rd 04 08:47 AM
Unchecking 'different first page' in header removes graphic from first page Denise Page Layout 4 November 26th 04 11:36 AM