Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jose Valdes[_2_] Jose Valdes[_2_] is offline

Default Killing "no undo" dialog box

Let me apologize in advance for posting a question here that is not a
document management issue. Don't know where to post it actually.

When you are about to perform a task that Word 2003 cannot undo, it displays
a dialog box that says something like, "MS Word low on memory. Cannot undo
this command. Do you want to continue? Yes/No?" Does anyone know how to
prevent this prompt from appearing?

Background: I use Word 2003 with Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0. When I
select Adobe PDF-Convert to Adobe PDF, Word is tied up for a couple of
hours because it takes that long to create a PDF: my manuals are very long,
they have many graphics, and my computer is six years old. Typically, I run
the Acrobat macro at 5 PM and go home, so that PDF generation will tie up my
computer when I'm not using it. Recently, when I come to work in the
morning, the PDF macro is interrupted by the 'no undo' dialog. I click YES
and do paperwork until Acrobat is done. Although Word says that it is
running out of memory, my computer has a GB of RAM.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Is it saying it's low on memory or resources?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Jose Valdes" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

Hi Jose,

one way would be to get somehow to the code
of the adobe-addin, and place
application.displayalerts = false
in there.

If you really want it, you can make it.

Easier said then done, sure.

I'm not so fond of adobe-software.
You might not need the add-in anyway.

Just print to the Adobe PDF printer programmatically,
an add application.displayalerts = false.

Might help, might not help.
I don't know.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jose Valdes[_2_] Jose Valdes[_2_] is offline

Hi Helmut,

Thanks! Your suggestion, "displayalerts = false", is so far the best option
for killing the dialog box, but it'll take me awhile to make it work. In the
meanwhile, I'll work on some issues that might stop MS Word from thinking
that it's running out of memory.

Thanks!
José

Greetings from Houston, Texas, USA ;-)