Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michelle

Default Paste Options button doesn't appear

Even though I have selected Tools, Options, Edit, Show Past Options button,
this does not appear when I copy and paste.
--
Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MikeTodd

Me too, and it is driving me crazy! Does anybody know how to fix this? I've
unchecked Show Paste Options button, restarted the computer, rechecked it,
then restarted the computer again, and still nothing. Any help would be
appreciated.

"Michelle" wrote:

Even though I have selected Tools, Options, Edit, Show Past Options button,
this does not appear when I copy and paste.
--
Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Rill

I'll join you with the problem - Since recently (cannot pinpoint when
exactly) no paste options button appears when I paste stuff in Word 2003. I
am not aware of changing anything on my PC, I tried turning the option on and
off, restarting Word in-between, all unsuccessful! This problem is limited to
Word, all other Office applications show the button as expected.
Please help! Its a really useful thing that I don't want to do without.

Chris

"Michelle" wrote:

Even though I have selected Tools, Options, Edit, Show Past Options button,
this does not appear when I copy and paste.
--
Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Rill

Thanks for the fast reply!
However, I am not looking for a permanently visible toolbar button, but the
little clipboard button that appears at the corner of pasted material. When
you click on the button you get a dropdown list of formatting options or -
e.g. in excel - value or formula options. This button does not appear in my
Word.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

"Michelle" wrote:

Even though I have selected Tools, Options, Edit, Show Past Options
button, this does not appear when I copy and paste.
--
Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Perhaps this is what you need:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Michelle" wrote:

Even though I have selected Tools, Options, Edit, Show Past

button, this does not appear when I copy and paste.
--
Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

If Word won't preserve the setting, you may have to delete the Data key in
the Registry first (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm) and then
ToolsOptions, Edit tab: Show Paste Options buttons.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Michelle" wrote:

Even though I have selected Tools, Options, Edit, Show Past Options
button, this does not appear when I copy and paste.
--
Michelle

Where is the E-mail Signature button (Word 2003) Mike Microsoft Word Help 2 December 13th 05 04:45 PM
Graphic in Header hokiebc Microsoft Word Help 16 November 29th 05 11:26 PM
Paste from Excel mully Tables 1 November 3rd 05 08:10 PM
Need quick "text paste only" option desperately in Word - BEFOREHA Kevin Jordan Microsoft Word Help 2 October 15th 05 05:33 AM
Very Slow Copy and Paste Growler Microsoft Word Help 0 January 3rd 05 09:35 PM