Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Risky Dave Risky Dave is offline

Default Tables In Tables

Hi,

I have a document that I am using as a template for a report (it's saved as
a .doc NOT a .dot at the moment, though).

This document has a 3 x 3 table in it. Each cell of the table has a standard
heading (imported as a drawing object from PowerPoint) and some of them have
other Word tables embedded in them.

Further content in the form of charts is automatically placed in the table
by a macro run from Excel. The charts are embedded as pictures, not XL
objects (ie. they cannot be edited when in place).

What I would like to do is "lock" the position of the headers and the
pre-populated embedded tables so that when the charts are imported they do
not move the headers and tables about within the main cells.

This isn't a huge issue for me - it only takes a couple of minutes to
re-size the charts and (usually!) the embedded tables & headers revert to
their correct positions, but I have an obsession with automation and would
dearly like to have the entire report produced without any manual
intervention.

Any suggestions on how to stop the headers and charts from moving about
would be appreciated.

TIA

Dave