Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
tranth01 tranth01 is offline

Default table text form field movement

So i'm trying to create a form in Word. I'm using the table method because
(from these discussion boards) that it's the easiest way to make a form and
have users be able to tab from field to field and they are able to type in
information. Problems I'm running into

1) When the line is finished and the user hits tab, it adds another row in
my table, how do i prevent this. I've seen answers such as making the
height/width EXACTLY....but how do i do this? when i hit on table properties,
I don't have the exactly option...(I'm using word 2003)...am i missing
something simple?

2) How do i jump from one field to the next using tab? By protecting the
document?

BTW, these discussion boards are much more helpful than the Microsoft
questions page and i would really appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The answer to question 2 is yes, you must protect the document for forms.
That's also the answer to question 1 -- when the document is protected, the
tab won't create a new row.

Read http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22 for more details.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

text form field-table Jeff Tables 3 November 25th 06 12:06 AM
Copy portion of text form field , the field is in a table cell otilia Tables 6 January 27th 06 11:52 AM
Pasting Text Into Form Field In Table Changes Alignement Mark Gordon Tables 2 January 7th 06 06:33 PM
How do I insert a text form field into a table document in word? Pat Tables 1 August 16th 05 09:18 PM
Can you convert regular text in a table into form field data easil Martin_of_Uxbridge Microsoft Word Help 1 April 24th 05 11:55 AM