marcs

Default printing labels and regular stationary

My office uses word 97 and windows 98 for our typist. We
dictate reports
that then are typed onto 3x5 size labels. I recently
switched my typist
from a typewritter to a computer. I am trying to figure
out how to have her
type a report once for the label and be able to print it
on the lable and
regular stationary without cutting and pasting. In any
given day multiple
reports (up to 60) are dictated and need to be typed onto
labels and regular
stationary.
Any help will be appreciated thanks
email

Graham Mayor

One possibility -
Create a new document from the envelope/label wizard which will give you a
table corresponding to your labels. Fill the labels, then save. Convert the
table to text, separated by paragraphs, from the table menu which will take
the data out of the table, then save as a new filename. You could probably
record the conversion process as a macro.

marcs wrote:
My office uses word 97 and windows 98 for our typist. We
dictate reports
that then are typed onto 3x5 size labels. I recently
switched my typist
from a typewritter to a computer. I am trying to figure
out how to have her
type a report once for the label and be able to print it
on the lable and
regular stationary without cutting and pasting. In any
given day multiple
reports (up to 60) are dictated and need to be typed onto
labels and regular
stationary.
Any help will be appreciated thanks
email

Joseph McGuire

Your reports must obviously reflect the elusive virtue of brevity. If you
want to avoid the simple solution of cutting and pasting I think you might
consider creating a paper size for your 3x5 labels. Using Page Setup you
can then switch page sizes within the same document so that you can print it
on different sorts of paper. I assume that you would set up your formatting
of the version for "stationery" so that it would match that of your 3x5
label since your report could not exceed the confines of 3x5 (actually a bit
less since you must allow for margins (some of which are usually needed for
printing). Setting this up as a template for your reports might be a good
idea.