leonperrins

Default Printing a booklet in word 2002 SP3

I have written a 20 page booklet but when it comes to printing it i have a
problem.
I have set up 20 pages and bookfold.(I even tried All pages)
I select Pages (1) and Manual duplex.
Pages 1;20;2 and 19 print out perfectly.
When I then select Pages (3), page 19 alone prints out.
What do you suggest?

Chuck Davis

"leonperrins" wrote in message
I have written a 20 page booklet but when it comes to printing it i have a
problem.
I have set up 20 pages and bookfold.(I even tried All pages)
I select Pages (1) and Manual duplex.
Pages 1;20;2 and 19 print out perfectly.
When I then select Pages (3), page 19 alone prints out.
What do you suggest?

Don't select individual pages. Just print the document. All will come out so
that they can be arranged for duplex copying to create set for binding and
trimming.

leonperrins

I tried printing all pages and then had all pages printed but on one side
only. There was no opportunity to manual duplex print.
If "bookfold" does n't work properly, what is the point of the program and
what should I use?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, one of the shortcomings of "Book fold" is that (re)printing
individual pages sometimes doesn't work as expected.

"leonperrins" wrote in message
I have written a 20 page booklet but when it comes to printing it i have a
problem.
I have set up 20 pages and bookfold.(I even tried All pages)
I select Pages (1) and Manual duplex.
Pages 1;20;2 and 19 print out perfectly.
When I then select Pages (3), page 19 alone prints out.
What do you suggest?

Had you checked the "Manual duplex" box in the Print dialog? If so, it
should work, but if it doesn't, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm for another
approach. FWIW, "Book fold" is better for producing camera-ready copy (let
your copier or commercial printer handle the duplexing) rather than finished
booklets.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, one of the shortcomings of "Book fold" is that

(re)printing
individual pages sometimes doesn't work as expected.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"leonperrins" wrote in message
I have written a 20 page booklet but when it comes to printing it i

have a
problem.
I have set up 20 pages and bookfold.(I even tried All pages)
I select Pages (1) and Manual duplex.
Pages 1;20;2 and 19 print out perfectly.
When I then select Pages (3), page 19 alone prints out.
What do you suggest?

leonperrins

I can't get the "Word Booklet" system to work.
I've been trying to use Richard Keijzer's macros but am struggling.
I can run the sample 4 page booklet ok.
What changes do I have to make to the macros to make mine work.
Do I have to assign the Simplex or Duplex or can I pick them by name via the
toolbar?
When I do run the pages just do not print in the correct order/pattern.
The trees are desperate!!

Happy Easter

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, one of the shortcomings of "Book fold" is that

(re)printing
individual pages sometimes doesn't work as expected.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"leonperrins" wrote in message
I have written a 20 page booklet but when it comes to printing it i

have a
problem.
I have set up 20 pages and bookfold.(I even tried All pages)
I select Pages (1) and Manual duplex.
Pages 1;20;2 and 19 print out perfectly.
When I then select Pages (3), page 19 alone prints out.
What do you suggest?

The manual method I describe in my article works flawlessly for any version.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, one of the shortcomings of "Book fold" is that

(re)printing
individual pages sometimes doesn't work as expected.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"leonperrins" wrote in

message
I have written a 20 page booklet but when it comes to printing it

have a
problem.
I have set up 20 pages and bookfold.(I even tried All pages)
I select Pages (1) and Manual duplex.
Pages 1;20;2 and 19 print out perfectly.
When I then select Pages (3), page 19 alone prints out.
What do you suggest?

leonperrins

I have had some sucess with the manual method but I do need to print booklets
myself not just camera ready.
I will keep trying but I really wanted the macros to work as it sounded a
more practical system rather that trying to work out a manual duplex method.
O well, I'll have to buy more paper and keep trying.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, one of the shortcomings of "Book fold" is that
(re)printing
individual pages sometimes doesn't work as expected.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"leonperrins" wrote in

message
I have written a 20 page booklet but when it comes to printing it

have a
problem.
I have set up 20 pages and bookfold.(I even tried All pages)
I select Pages (1) and Manual duplex.
Pages 1;20;2 and 19 print out perfectly.
When I then select Pages (3), page 19 alone prints out.
What do you suggest?

leonperrins

Finally, Sucess!!!
I only changed to "bookfold" and "all" in the "Page Setup".
Selected "Manual Duplex" and "Page Range-All" in the "Print".
Did not "Reverse Print", just turned the pages over without a rotate and it
worked.
Many thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, one of the shortcomings of "Book fold" is that
(re)printing
individual pages sometimes doesn't work as expected.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"leonperrins" wrote in

message
I have written a 20 page booklet but when it comes to printing it

have a
problem.
I have set up 20 pages and bookfold.(I even tried All pages)
I select Pages (1) and Manual duplex.
Pages 1;20;2 and 19 print out perfectly.
When I then select Pages (3), page 19 alone prints out.
What do you suggest?

So the bottom line is that setting "All" rather than a specific number of
pages in the "Book fold" option is the secret. I've never used any setting
other than "All," so I was unaware of that limitation. I think the only
difference between the two is that if you set a specific number of pages,
Word will automatically add blank pages if you don't have text on all 20,
whereas if you select "All," you're responsible for making sure that the
number of pages is divisible by four.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, one of the shortcomings of "Book fold" is that
(re)printing
individual pages sometimes doesn't work as expected.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"leonperrins" wrote in