Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Siuan Siuan is offline

Default ToC: in Word 2007

I have already created the Table of Contents and added appropriate entries.
Now however, I find I need more than the default 3 levels.

I know that this can be set when the table is created, but have not been
able to find anything about editing this setting later. Can this be done or
do I need to delete the whole thing and start over? If I do need to restart
I'd much rather do it now, before the whole document gets totally
overwhelming.

Thank you for your consideration and help.
--
Siuan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default in Word 2007

Siuan

Well the ToC creation is automatic, so deleting and recreating a new ToC
with more levels should be easy just a few minutes work - though you may
need to edit the lower level ToC styles if they don't fit your scheme. Once
the ToC styles are correctly set up, you can create a macro to automatically
insert the ToC ready formatted with the correct number of levels. Renewing
the ToC will only take a second or two then.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: I know that this can be set when the table is created, but have not been
: able to find anything about editing this setting later. Can this be done
or
: do I need to delete the whole thing and start over? If I do need to
restart
: I'd much rather do it now, before the whole document gets totally
: overwhelming.
:
: Thank you for your consideration and help.
: --
: Siuan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I would imagine you can still edit the TOC switch to add another level.
Alt+F9 to display the field code. Where you see 1-3, change it to 1-4. For
more, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm