Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Minnie M Minnie M is offline

Default Bordering text in a style

Why cant I format a text border in a style? I can do it in direct formatting
but if I try to modify the style it only gives me the option to border the
paragraph, no text option.

The styles I want to do it with are a centred heading and a left aligned
heading. For both styles it doesnt give me the option to border text and if
I check the paragraph option, the border extends across the width of the
page, as I would expect it to.

I cant figure it out, any help please? Im using Word 2002.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can set a border on a character style (a box). For other options, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Minnie M" wrote in message
Why can't I format a text border in a style? I can do it in direct
formatting
but if I try to modify the style it only gives me the option to border the
paragraph, no text option.

The styles I want to do it with are a centred heading and a left aligned
heading. For both styles it doesn't give me the option to border text and
if
I check the paragraph option, the border extends across the width of the
page, as I would expect it to.

I can't figure it out, any help please? I'm using Word 2002.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Minnie M Minnie M is offline

Ah, so thats how its done! That is so simple, and I never would have figured
it out. Thanks so much Stefan.

"Minnie M" wrote in message
Why can't I format a text border in a style? I can do it in direct
formatting
but if I try to modify the style it only gives me the option to border the
paragraph, no text option.

The styles I want to do it with are a centred heading and a left aligned
heading. For both styles it doesn't give me the option to border text and
if
I check the paragraph option, the border extends across the width of the
page, as I would expect it to.

I can't figure it out, any help please? I'm using Word 2002.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--