Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
taeinidaho taeinidaho is offline

Default Opening Other Applications From Word

If I am working in Word and I need to open another file, after I click "File
Open" and I want to open say an Excel file, I have to minimize Word, open
Excel and then open the file. Is there not a way to have the file
automatically link and open the program it needs. The same holds true for
Adobe. If I am typing in Word (or just working in Word) and I need to open a
file, if I go to "File Open" and double click on the file (which happens to
be a .pdf file), is there not a way to make Adobe open without minimizing
Word, opening Adobe and then open the file?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Right-click the file and use the Open With command instead of
double-clicking.
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton