Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Nettie

Default has anyone tried to import a .pdf file into a word 2003 document,

or do you have to convert it to a rft file first.
--
Nettie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Word has no facility to import (or export) PDF files.
However, if you have Acrobat 7 (the reader and/or the full version) you can
insert a single page PDF as an object (multi-page PDF's display only the
first page)
If you want an editable version, you need to convert it to a Word document,
for which you *will* need the full version of Acrobat or suitable OCR
software.

Nettie wrote:
or do you have to convert it to a rft file first.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Nettie

Default has anyone tried to import a .pdf file into a word 2003 docume

Thanks you just verified my assumption.
--
Nettie

Nettie wrote:
or do you have to convert it to a rft file first.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sf

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 01:49:05 -0800, Nettie
(donotspam) wrote:

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Word has no facility to import (or export) PDF files.
However, if you have Acrobat 7 (the reader and/or the full version) you can
insert a single page PDF as an object (multi-page PDF's display only the
first page)
If you want an editable version, you need to convert it to a Word document,
for which you *will* need the full version of Acrobat or suitable OCR
software.

Graham, I have a paid version of Acrobat, but am stymied how to
convert. I only see an option for converting INTO PDF, not OUT.
Using my usual method for copying PDF text, I get small boxes, not
text, for everything except the address when I paste it into word.
Usually - I can copy pdf text and paste it into word just by using the
reader itself, but this particular web page apparently has locked
their pdf form for printing only. Is there a specific ng where I can
ask about this? It's never happened to me before.

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Some .pdf files can't be broken down. The form for our mail-order
prescription is like that. I also have Acrobat Pro 7 and *nothing* I do
works.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

(donotspam) wrote:

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Uncle Joe

JoAnn,

Have you investigated ScanSoft's PDF Converter as an
alternative for converting PDF files into Word 2003
formats as a stopgap measure until Office 12 ships?

http://www.digitalriver.com/v2.0-img..._overview.html

Good luck!

Uncle Joe

.. .

(donotspam) wrote:

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I have it - doesn't work on this document. Apparently they scanned it in as
a picture and not from the electronic document.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

(donotspam) wrote:

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Uncle Joe

Yes, pasting a document's image as a picture is a pain
and I have yet to find a solution for it. Unforunately, many
spammers are now using this technique to paste their spam
into notes; thus avoiding detection by my Outlook and Outlook
Express email filters. Bummer.

(donotspam) wrote:

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I know - I get the same crap.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

(donotspam) wrote:

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

I ruthlessly discard unwanted e-mail using Mailwasher, but if there is text
in that PDF file (no matter whether it has been inserted as an image)
Finereader should extract it without too much grief.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
I know - I get the same crap.

(donotspam) wrote:

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

[...]

How do I set right and left alignment on the same line in Word? Matador Page Layout 1 November 9th 05 08:32 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM