Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Xproject187

Default If I D/L a Word Template will it be placed in its default location

I went to Office downloads just to look around & once I got there I noticed a
few Templates that I might need for Word
But after downloading 1 I cant seem to find it no-where from within word .

So in short I want to know where is it that it should be placed ?
Incase I have to manualy place it in it's default location.
Thanx for any Direction/Consideration's
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Xproject187

"Xproject187" wrote:

I'm on XPpro.sp II / Word 2002(10.6764.6735) sp III.

I went to Office downloads just to look around & once I got there I noticed a
few Templates that I might need for Word
But after downloading 1 I cant seem to find it no-where from within word .

So in short I want to know where is it that it should be placed ?
Incase I have to manualy place it in it's default location.
Thanx for any Direction/Consideration's

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Xproject187

Default If I D/L a Word Template will it be placed in its default loca

Well I took your advise ,or atleast I think I did.
I opened up Word & on the file menu I selected
(Tools \ Options \ File Locations \ User Templates)

From there I could see the default location of the templates
"C:\...\Mirosoft\Templates"

Only 1 problem,even after I selected to show all Hidden Files as well as all
Protected System Files
I cant locate it when I do a searh for User Templates.

Is there a folder named (...) & if not then just what does (...) meen?

PS: Not to worry all Hidden / Protected System Files are set back to
default setting's .

I only set it like that long enough to do the search !

Ok I will await your repost

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're given a choice of where to save it, choose the path shown for
"User templates" on the File Locations tab of Tools | Options.

"Xproject187" wrote in message
I went to Office downloads just to look around & once I got there I

noticed a
few Templates that I might need for Word
But after downloading 1 I cant seem to find it no-where from within word .

So in short I want to know where is it that it should be placed ?
Incase I have to manualy place it in it's default location.
Thanx for any Direction/Consideration's

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

To see the full path for any of the file locations, you have to select it
and click Modify. Assuming you're using Office 2003, see €œFrequently Asked
Questions About the Location of Templates in Word 2003€ at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=826867

"Xproject187" wrote in message
Well I took your advise ,or atleast I think I did.
I opened up Word & on the file menu I selected
(Tools \ Options \ File Locations \ User Templates)

From there I could see the default location of the templates

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're given a choice of where to save it, choose the path shown for
"User templates" on the File Locations tab of Tools | Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Xproject187" wrote in message
I went to Office downloads just to look around & once I got there I

noticed a
few Templates that I might need for Word
But after downloading 1 I cant seem to find it no-where from within

word .

So in short I want to know where is it that it should be placed ?
Incase I have to manualy place it in it's default location.
Thanx for any Direction/Consideration's

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Xproject187

Thanx for that info but,
I am on Office 2002
Or atleast when I open M$ Word & go to help about Word
I can see the following:
Word 2002 (10.2627.2625)
So is there a different method for the version I have ?

Thanx for any Consideration

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

To see the full path for any of the file locations, you have to select it
and click Modify. Assuming you're using Office 2003, see €œFrequently Asked
Questions About the Location of Templates in Word 2003€ at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=826867

"Xproject187" wrote in message
Well I took your advise ,or atleast I think I did.
I opened up Word & on the file menu I selected
(Tools \ Options \ File Locations \ User Templates)

From there I could see the default location of the templates

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're given a choice of where to save it, choose the path shown for
"User templates" on the File Locations tab of Tools | Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Xproject187" wrote in message
I went to Office downloads just to look around & once I got there I
noticed a
few Templates that I might need for Word
But after downloading 1 I cant seem to find it no-where from within

word .

So in short I want to know where is it that it should be placed ?
Incase I have to manualy place it in it's default location.
Thanx for any Direction/Consideration's

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

No.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

To see the full path for any of the file locations, you have to select

it
and click Modify. Assuming you're using Office 2003, see €œFrequently

Asked
Questions About the Location of Templates in Word 2003€ at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=826867

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Xproject187" wrote in message
Well I took your advise ,or atleast I think I did.
I opened up Word & on the file menu I selected
(Tools \ Options \ File Locations \ User Templates)

From there I could see the default location of the templates

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're given a choice of where to save it, choose the path shown

for
"User templates" on the File Locations tab of Tools | Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Xproject187" wrote in

message