Sean

Default relative hyperlinks

Hi,

Is it possible in Word 2003 to create a hyperlink to an image file
that is in the same directory as the document itself, without knowing
the full path?

thanks,
Sean
lostinspace

I think what Sean is trying to accomplish is relative links that will still
work when the document and linked files (all in the same folder) are moved
to a different folder, for example, by being copied to a CD or emailed to
someone else for installation on another computer.

lostinspace

[...]

Hello Suzanne,
Nice that you were able to come to that
conclusion after I took the time to submit a reply to his second request ;-)
(tongue-in-cheek)

Last weekend I made an extensive effort to explain some similar (as realted
to web pages) in
microsoft.public.word.web.authoring

whether there exists similar path and image options in Word itself? I cannot
tell you.
I do not generally insert images into Word. Although I have on some very
rare ocassions when the end product was PDF.

The lengthy recent thread (minus my submissions because I use the NO ARCHIVE
option on all NG submissions) may be viewed at:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=gr...x.gbl&rn um=1

The person I was attempting to assist forwarded back most everything.

Path statements to me (and any file associations which might be related to
path) are a simple matter to me because most everything I do is structured
around web pages.
It has been my "perception" that many users of both Windows and Word fail
in being aware of simple paths.
Perhaps MS should removed the My Documents folder and that default setting
from the next version of Windows :-))) then bring back the DOS screen and
let people learn paths and directory structures?