Johann

Default Openind old Word docs

I have come across a disk on which there are a lot of Word files BUT they
won't open. This is an old disk and I assume that Microsoft have changed
systems. Do you know of a program that reads anything at all?
garfield-n-odie

Do you know what version of Word was used to create the files on the old
disk? And what version of Word do you have? Have you installed all of the
file converters from your Word/Office CD? File converters for really old
versions of Word are no longer available from Microsoft, but you can still
download them from the Downloads page of Word MVP Graham Mayor's website
http://www.gmayor.com .

"Johann" wrote:

I have come across a disk on which there are a lot of Word files BUT they
won't open. This is an old disk and I assume that Microsoft have changed
systems. Do you know of a program that reads anything at all?

Graham Mayor

If it is a floppy disc, then the probability is that by attempting to open
them from the disc they have become corrupt. Always copy files from floppy
to hard drive before attempting to open them.