Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Leah the pooch Leah the pooch is offline

Default Formatting Dsiplays with Text

Help! I must have changed something within my MS Word 2003 application.
When I format header, footers or embed documents, I can only see the text
when I "print preview" or print on hard copy. Otherwise, the formatting
commands show up on my screen. Makes it really difficult to update and
confirm what I typed is correct.
Any suggestions???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Leah the pooch wrote:
Help! I must have changed something within my MS Word 2003
application. When I format header, footers or embed documents, I can
only see the text when I "print preview" or print on hard copy.
Otherwise, the formatting commands show up on my screen. Makes it
really difficult to update and confirm what I typed is correct.
Any suggestions???

What "formatting commands" are you talking about? Do you mean the field
codes, such as {PAGE} and {INCLUDETEXT}? If so, press Alt+F9 to toggle the
field codes (it's a shortcut for going to Tools Options View and
checking/unchecking the "Field codes" box).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman