Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
odp odp is offline

Default Save as - grayed file name

Word 2007

I don't know if this is a word 2007 issue, but when I go to 'save as' - the
file manager window comes up - and within the file name box - there is a file
nme - and it is black type on gray background.

It is not grayed out - in the manner of not editable, but grayed out - as a
styling feature.

I have low vision and I use a screen magnifier package. Having word gray
this out is a real nuisance for me. How do I turn this off?

Deb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If I'm understanding your question correctly... the filename is selected, so
that if you type a character, it will replace the suggested name, without
your having to delete it character-by-character or having to press the
Delete key.

If you want to use the suggested name as a starting point, press the Home or
End key. This will remove the highlighting. If you don't want to use the
suggested name, you can just start typing the desired name; or tape the
Delete key, and then start typing.

Once you start to type the desired name, you should see black on white in
the File name: box.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible