Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
odp odp is offline

Default Bulleted list - line between entries

Word 2007

When I create a bulleted list and I get to the end of the typed line, I hit
enter to create a new bullet.

I don't want the bullet on the next line. I want a blank line in between
bullets. I tried backspacing, deleting the bullet, and then hitting enter to
put in a blank line.

I tried turning off bulleting, creating a blank line, and then turning
bulleting on again.

Nothing has worked. I can't figure out how to do it and clippy doesn't come
forward anymore to say it looks like you are trying to do x.

How to accomplish.

Thank you.

Deb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"odp" wrote:

Word 2007

When I create a bulleted list and I get to the end of the typed line, I hit
enter to create a new bullet.

I don't want the bullet on the next line. I want a blank line in between
bullets. I tried backspacing, deleting the bullet, and then hitting enter to
put in a blank line.

I tried turning off bulleting, creating a blank line, and then turning
bulleting on again.

Nothing has worked. I can't figure out how to do it and clippy doesn't come
forward anymore to say it looks like you are trying to do x.

How to accomplish.

Before you hit the first enter, with the cursor still in the first bulleted
paragraph, do [Format Paragaph... Space After] and enter a value equal to
the font size you are using in that paragraph, or a bit more if you want more
space.
So, when you hit Enter, you will get an automatic space.

This is how it should always be done, bullet or no bullet...

If you use this a lot, create a style.

When you are done with the bullet, reset the style to Normal.

For more on styles, see:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart2.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth[_2_] Nigel Molesworth[_2_] is offline

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:40:01 -0800, odp
wrote:

clippy doesn't come forward anymore to say
it looks like you are trying to do x.

So, there is some good news then.