Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dax Arroway Dax Arroway is offline

Default Apply styles without destroying other styles

I have a 500pg document that I've scanned in to digitize it. Did that and
ran OCR on it. Then mannually went through it and added styles to all the
headers, sub-headers and numbered lists. So far so good.

Now when I take a closer look at it, one of the things I forgot to do in the
beginning was a Select All and Format to Normal. When I look at the document
through the Styles I see that it's got all sorts of formatting throughout it
and most of the text is formatted to Normal-Web After blah blah blah. There
also seems to be a plethera of outline numbered styles being applied here and
there including bold this and that, italics that and that, centered heading
4's and left justified header 4's, and whatnot...

What I'd like to do is to remove all these weird styles. The main one is
the Normal-Web. I'd like to apply the Normal Style to the text but when I
try switching the style by highlighting everything that's formatted that way
all my outlined lists, bullets, and numbers all go away!

My question is this: How can I format the normal text throughout the
document to Normal Style while maintaining formatting for the Headers and
bulleted and outline numbered lists?

Any ideas?

Thanks a million in advance!
-Dax
--
I''d give my left hand to be ambidextrous!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If the bulleted and numbered lists lose their numbering when you replace
Normal (Web) with Normal, then the bullets and numbering have been applied
as direct formatting, so you're better off applying styles that specifically
include numbering/bullets (List Number, List Bullet, etc.). Then you can
select the rest of the Normal (Web) and change it to Normal (though actually
my preference is to use Body Text).