Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wes from Scottsdale Wes from Scottsdale is offline

Default Template set to use a specific tray from a specific printer

I'm covering for a co-worker out on maternity leave. She has created some
templates for her department that set the Paper Source to Tray 2 for the
first page. However, it only seems to work for one printer, an HP4100. I
need to configure this for another printer, an HP4200, but don't know how to
set a template to use a specific tray from a specific printer.

If the user prints to the 4100, it pulls the first page from tray 2. If she
prints to the 4200, it uses the automatically select setting and pulls from
tray 3.

I tried it on my machine, mapping to the HP4100 and uses the template and it
change my paper source to match.

Where/how can I set a template to use a specific tray when printed to a
specific printer?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Wes

Wes from Scottsdale wrote:
[..]
Where/how can I set a template to use a specific tray when printed to a
specific printer?

version of Word?

The Format tab in the Page Setup dialog is your friend. AFAIK, the tray
information there comes directly from the current active printer.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Apart from the settings stored in Page Layout, printer information is not
stored with the document. If you need to print to specific printers you will
need to create a macro to set the print conditions according to which
printer you use - see http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm for some
examples and http://www.gmayor.com/Associate_Printer.htm