jabroni

Default Switching to Normal template fails...

Basically, the formatting and style names leave in the document. Attaching
the document to a different template will not change anythig even if all the
styles in both templates are the same name and have different
attributes.....unless you have the option "Automatically Update Document
Styles" selected.

"Stephen Miller" wrote:

I have been writing numerous Word docs using my own user-defined templates.

Now comes the times when I have to submit certain articles to journals so I need to deliver "standard" layout ie out-of-the-box, no fancy fonts, no fancy footnote layouts, nothing fancy at all.

So, atttach the Normal template and all will be well... No, I find, all is the same layout. Create document using Normal template and cut-and-paste and all is the same layout. Remove My Templates folder so it cannot pick up the templates and all is the same layout.

Sure, using Paste Special knocks the formatting on the head but I, er, thought the idea of Templates was that you can switch formats/layouts/whatever.

But not in this case, Head 2 remains Adobe Garamond Small Caps (a relaid font by myself) and not Helvetica 14pt Bold Italic as defined in the Normal template.

Just what is not happening here?!

It is Mac OS X / Word X that I am using.

Thanks

Normal Template SF New Users 8 July 17th 05 03:51 PM
Normal template lindsays Mailmerge 1 May 3rd 05 11:40 PM
can I change the normal (global) template so word always opens wi. queenjude Microsoft Word Help 2 March 22nd 05 07:27 PM
How do I get left rulers back after normal template has been corr. japk Page Layout 1 February 10th 05 04:54 PM
New word doc from custom template still attatched to normal: why? egrigg9000 Microsoft Word Help 2 December 21st 04 11:14 PM