Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erika

Default Converting a Word Document to RTF

My question is related to the special revision control codes that Microsoft
writes to the RTF file when a WORD document is converted to an RTF file.

Whenever a change is made, Microsoft adds special 'insrsid' and 'charrsid'
codes to indicate that a change has been made. Do you know if that 'feature'
can be turned off?

Note: When I was making changes to the WORD document the 'TRK' option in
WORD was turned off.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Erika,

If I recall correctly the RSID (Revision Save IDs), that are in Word 2002 and 2003 wouldn't be included in the RTF file if Tracking
is off and when all existing changes have been accepted or rejected (i.e. there may be residual changes after the Reviewing
toolbar/tracking is turned off).

If you go to Tools=Options=Security and turn on the Privacy setting to

[x] Warn before printing, saving or sending a file that
contains tracked changes or comments

then save the file, do you get a warning dialog about change content.

Was the RTF file worked on in more than one version of Word or by more than one author?

=======================

--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It has been reported that the old Word 6 filter produces a leaner output.
You can use this alongside the current one to see if it helps. You will find
it listed on the downloads page of my web site.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How to reformat a complete document. wanda Microsoft Word Help 16 February 11th 06 11:43 PM