Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
El Capitán de las Albondigas El Capitán de las Albondigas is offline

Default Word 2007 "Save As" closes document, doesn't allow me to save it to a different directory or change name of document.

Every time I open a Word doc and try to use the "Save As" command it
just closes the document. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What happens if you start Word in Safe Mode or using the /a switch?

To start in Safe Mode, press Ctrl when you launch Word, then click Yes to
starting in Safe Mode.

If the problem doesn't occur when starting in Safe Mode, then it's likely
that there is a) a corrupted registry entry, b) a corrupted normal.dotm
file, or c) an add-in that's interfering.

If the problem does occur when starting in Safe Mode, then the problem
usually is a repair issue, a corrupted/damaged Windows user profile, or some
other program that's interfering.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"El Capitán de las Albondigas" wrote in
message oups.com...
Every time I open a Word doc and try to use the "Save As" command it
just closes the document. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jul 25, 5:40 pm, "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:
What happens if you start Word in Safe Mode or using the /a switch?

To start in Safe Mode, press Ctrl when you launch Word, then click Yes to
starting in Safe Mode.

If the problem doesn't occur when starting in Safe Mode, then it's likely
that there is a) a corrupted registry entry, b) a corrupted normal.dotm
file, or c) an add-in that's interfering.

If the problem does occur when starting in Safe Mode, then the problem
usually is a repair issue, a corrupted/damaged Windows user profile, or some
other program that's interfering.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog:http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web:http://www.herbtyson.com

"El Capitán de las Albondigas" wrote in
ooglegroups.com...

Every time I open a Word doc and try to use the "Save As" command it
just closes the document. Any ideas?

When I log in as the administrator it works, but when I login as
'user_name' it bombs. I've logged in as a few other users and it
works fine. It's an issue with this one particular person's windows
profile. Any suggestions as to what I can do for this user? Is there
a config file I can tweak or a permission I can give him?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've tried to diagnose this sort of problem in the past, but have never
succeeded, and have always ended up creating a new user profile. In the end,
it's probably less time-consuming than trying all of the things I've tried
(and tried, and tried...).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible