Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
shawn shawn is offline

Default Insert Space before every line..

Not sure where to post this.

I am doing a Mail Merge. I am doing labels on Avery 5160's. Which are 1" x 2
5/8". I import all my addresses and set the label up, then goto edit
individual documents.

How do I insert a space before each line?

The problem is the Avery 5160 labels go in the laser printer and go crooked
99% of the time. The first two columns will be fine, the third column will
print and the left side of the address will be cutoff.

I tried searching for Name and replacing that so it has a space in
front, but the labels still come out aligned to the left side.

I can't do a search and replace on name, address, etc, because they're all
different. I have 330+ addresses. I'm not going to sit here and move the
mouse before each line, click, then press space. That will take me forever.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

You don't mention which version of Word you are using, but fix the first
label in your merge file (the one where you connected to the Excel file)
adjust the space there and then click the "Replicate Labels" or
"Propagate Labels" button which added the Next Record to all your
labels and duplicated them across.

Then re-merge so that you can edit all your individual documents.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"shawn" wrote in message
:

Not sure where to post this.

I am doing a Mail Merge. I am doing labels on Avery 5160's. Which are 1" x 2
5/8". I import all my addresses and set the label up, then goto edit
individual documents.

How do I insert a space before each line?

The problem is the Avery 5160 labels go in the laser printer and go crooked
99% of the time. The first two columns will be fine, the third column will
print and the left side of the address will be cutoff.

I tried searching for Name and replacing that so it has a space in
front, but the labels still come out aligned to the left side.

I can't do a search and replace on name, address, etc, because they're all
different. I have 330+ addresses. I'm not going to sit here and move the
mouse before each line, click, then press space. That will take me forever.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/3/2007 10:08 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
yuppi cide yuppi cide is offline

Default Maco Labels..

I do what you do.. I am using Word 2007.

1. Select all the blank labels, right click and do a Cell Alignment. Make it centered vertically, but left horizontally.
2. Insert fields in first label.
3. Update all labels.
4. Copy Next Record from label two.
5. Find and replace all instances of Next Record to add two spaces in front. I find two spaces works best for me.
6. Finish & Merge, Edit All. It'll show you all the labels.

Also, I used to get Avery 5160 labels from Staples. They're currently $26.99/3000 labels and Staples brand is $20.64/3000.

That would be $53.98 for 6000 or $41.28 for 6000. You can get Maco labels, which I've been using for over a year now. They're just as good. You can get 15,000 labels for $50.82!!!!!!!

So, for LESS than the price of 6000 labels at Staples you can get 15,000 of them. Plus, shipping.

I get them from their website http://www.macolabels.com