Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kat

Default Insert comments highlights whole section

I'm new to "Insert Comment" and want to have balloon comments in the
margin next to a few paragraphs or a line or two of text in my
document.

When I set the cursor at the end of a line and click Insert Comment,
pink highlighting shows up in the entire document section and the
comment is placed in a balloon at the end of the section.

I tried highlighting the text I want to comment, and the same thing
happens. I need the comment closer to the actual text being commented
on, not at the end of the section.

What am I doing wrong? Word 2003

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Janet

What kind of formatting is on the text you are highlighting? I was able to
reproduce this by highlighting part of a table of contents, which is just a
field and so the behavior made sense. Otherwise, I wasn't able to duplicate
this.

janet