Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tjtjjtjt

Default footer too high on page

I have a document that the Page Setup menu claims has the footer 0.5" from
the bottom edge of the paper. This looks to be the case when I view the
Print Preview. However, when I print, the footer is closer to 3" from the
bottom edge of the paper.
I can't seem to fix this.
The document is based on a template that is set to Compatibility with Word
97. I created the current document in Word 2002 SP3. Material from three
files from was pasted into the file I'm having trouble with.
Would the Compatibility settings of these other files cause this problem?

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

tj

--
tj
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

If both the right and bottom margins are larger on the printed
page than they appear on the screen, then see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325527 "WD2002: Document
Printed with Wide Right Margin and Small Text If You Turn Off
Balloons". In the File-Print dialog, make sure "Print what" is
set to "Document" instead of "Document showing markup".

tjtjjtjt wrote:

I have a document that the Page Setup menu claims has the footer 0.5" from
the bottom edge of the paper. This looks to be the case when I view the
Print Preview. However, when I print, the footer is closer to 3" from the
bottom edge of the paper.
I can't seem to fix this.
The document is based on a template that is set to Compatibility with Word
97. I created the current document in Word 2002 SP3. Material from three
files from was pasted into the file I'm having trouble with.
Would the Compatibility settings of these other files cause this problem?

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

tj

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tjtjjtjt

That did it. Thanks. I'd switched to Final on the Reviewing toolbar but
that didn't seem to change the Print dialog reliably.

--
tj

tjtjjtjt wrote:

I have a document that the Page Setup menu claims has the footer 0.5" from
the bottom edge of the paper. This looks to be the case when I view the
Print Preview. However, when I print, the footer is closer to 3" from the
bottom edge of the paper.
I can't seem to fix this.
The document is based on a template that is set to Compatibility with Word
97. I created the current document in Word 2002 SP3. Material from three
files from was pasted into the file I'm having trouble with.
Would the Compatibility settings of these other files cause this problem?

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

tj

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

As you've seen, there are different settings for the display and
printing of tracked changes. For "all" about Track Changes in Word,
you may want to take a look at:

How does Track Changes in Microsoft Word work?
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

tjtjjtjt wrote:

I have a document that the Page Setup menu claims has the footer

0.5" from
the bottom edge of the paper. This looks to be the case when I

view the
Print Preview. However, when I print, the footer is closer to

3" from the
bottom edge of the paper.
I can't seem to fix this.
The document is based on a template that is set to Compatibility

with Word
97. I created the current document in Word 2002 SP3. Material

from three
files from was pasted into the file I'm having trouble with.
Would the Compatibility settings of these other files cause this

problem?

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

tj

Number of pages should restart with section page numbers Jim B Microsoft Word Help 7 March 12th 06 02:13 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Different number format on different pages NaomiBolderheij Page Layout 2 August 12th 05 11:16 PM
How do I insert chapter number with page number in footer? Joan Microsoft Word Help 4 May 9th 05 04:00 PM