Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Omatase Omatase is offline

Default Laying out a word document so that the html version looks the same as the .doc version

I have an application where I must do mail merging, then send the
merged document in an html email. Since the saveas html feature in
word wasn't giving me what I needed I started looking at 3rd party
tools to convert from .doc to .html. I have looked extensively and
have not found what I need.

I am now to the point where I feel like I can probably modify the
source word document in a way that will coerce Word's html generation
engine to work like I need it.

Here is a link to a sample of the documents that I am working with:
http://www.del337ed.com/files/misc/sample.doc

To reproduce the problem I am speaking of, just open the doc in Word,
click File, Save As and choose HTML as the type (filtered or otherwise
doesn't matter). Once you click save you should notice the two picture
boxes that originate on the right-hand side of the document slide all
the way over to the left and instead of being next to eachother they
wind up one over the other.

Appreciate the help!