chuckp0816

Default Scanning picture into word

I am trying to scan a document/picture into word using , insert picture
scanner, when I try this word just hangs with hour glass and never returns.
If I open task manager it shows word as a not responding application. Has
anyone had this problem and been able to solve it. The scanner works fine in
other applications. I have reinstalled word and did a repair on Office with
no help.

Thanks
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Why not just scan the picture in and then insert it in your document?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"chuckp0816" wrote in message
I am trying to scan a document/picture into word using , insert picture
scanner, when I try this word just hangs with hour glass and never
returns.
If I open task manager it shows word as a not responding application. Has
anyone had this problem and been able to solve it. The scanner works fine
in
other applications. I have reinstalled word and did a repair on Office
with
no help.

Thanks

Graham Mayor

Chances are that there is a conflict between the scanner driver and Word.
See if there's an updated scanner driver available. In any case I agree with
JoAnn. It is better to scan the picture to file and insert the image.

chuckp0816 wrote:
I am trying to scan a document/picture into word using , insert
picture scanner, when I try this word just hangs with hour glass and
never returns. If I open task manager it shows word as a not
responding application. Has anyone had this problem and been able to
solve it. The scanner works fine in other applications. I have
reinstalled word and did a repair on Office with no help.

Thanks

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Ooh! I do that right! :-)

I just find it easier plus it allows me to do whatever tweaking I want to do
before inserting pictures in my documents.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

chuckp0816 wrote:
I am trying to scan a document/picture into word using , insert
picture scanner, when I try this word just hangs with hour glass and
never returns. If I open task manager it shows word as a not
responding application. Has anyone had this problem and been able to
solve it. The scanner works fine in other applications. I have
reinstalled word and did a repair on Office with no help.

Thanks

chuckp0816

Thanks for the replies. I agree and that is what we are doing for now.
However it just adds another step and if it is a document it is just easier
to scan it direct into word. We were able to do this before our World Famous
Dell system crashed and we had to competely reload the system. I will go to
the Dell web site and see if they have a new driver for their
printer/scanner.