Wolfgang Spille

Default header with only one line desired

Hello,

for the header I used the following field function
{ STYEREF 2 \* MERGEFORAMT }
to get the headings .
The problem is that sometimes the headings occupy more than only 1 line but
2 or even 3 lines.
Is it possible to alter the field function so the heading in the header will
fit on one line?

Thanks for the help

Wolfgang

Jay Freedman

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:54:00 +0200, "Wolfgang Spille"
wrote:

Hello,

for the header I used the following field function
{ STYEREF 2 \* MERGEFORAMT }
to get the headings .
The problem is that sometimes the headings occupy more than only 1 line but
2 or even 3 lines.
Is it possible to alter the field function so the heading in the header will
fit on one line?

Thanks for the help

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Sorry, no, there is nothing that works automatically. You'll have to
shorten the headings or reduce the point size of the StyleRef field
(if that would make it fit in one line).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

When I ran into this problem, I approached it crabwise. Instead of picking
up the Heading 2 style in the StyleRef, I created a character style and
applied it to the portion of the title I wanted picked up.

One caveat: In its usual infuriating way, if the character style includes
the entire heading (or the last part of it), Word will pick up the paragraph
mark even if you have been careful to omit it from the selection. Don't even
bother to try omitting it; just count on going back and selecting the
paragraph mark and pressing Ctrl+Spacebar to remove the character style from
it.