Eric

Default OPEN TABS WORD

Eariler in word 97, new document windows used to open in the same application
window (word window). And we used to navigate with Ctrl+tab Now in word 2000
and higher each document opens a separate window and we should use Alt+tab to
navigate.

Can I make my word 2000 behave like word 97
Jezebel

There's a macro around that 'sort of' does it, but it's easier to learn to
live with it. The advantage of using Alt-Tab is that you can use the same
keystroke to switch between everything you have open. I used to hate having
to remember to use Alt-Tab to go from doc to workbook, but ctrl-tab to go
from doc to doc.

"Eric" wrote in message
Eariler in word 97, new document windows used to open in the same
application
window (word window). And we used to navigate with Ctrl+tab Now in word
2000
and higher each document opens a separate window and we should use Alt+tab
navigate.

Can I make my word 2000 behave like word 97

Pat Garard

G'Day Eric,

Word 2000 has a brilliant modification to its interface!
SDI vs MDI - Nobody seems to like it, 'cos every
Document Window has its own set of Menu/Toolbars!
You cannot turn it off from within Word!

However, see........
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/SDIMDI.htm
.....for news of an Add-In that is said to allow you to
turn it off (I have not tried it myself).

In Word 2002 (Xp) and 2003 you can turn it off in
ToolsOptions View (tab).
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Eric" wrote in message
Eariler in word 97, new document windows used to open in the same
application
window (word window). And we used to navigate with Ctrl+tab Now in word
2000
and higher each document opens a separate window and we should use Alt+tab
navigate.

Can I make my word 2000 behave like word 97

Pat Garard

Get back to Work, Jezebel!
John's nose is looking yuk!
--