Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maurice

Default How do I print several pages with unique serial No's in Word 2002

I have created a Word based form, which I normally print out. I then use the
hardcopy to produce multiple photocopies, and physically number each copy
with a different / unique serial number, using a mechanical auto numbering
machine / stamp.
Surely there are better and easier ways of achieving this chore via
electronic means.
What I would ulitimately like to achieve is, to print multiple pages of my
single page document directly via my digital printer, but to have each
successive copy imprinted with an automatically incrementing serial number,
placed in a chosen position on the document. Is this possible at all using
some unknown feature of MS Word 2002 ? Any advice in this regard will be
greatly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...piesOf1Doc.htm or
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/MailMerge/...fDocMMerge.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Maurice" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You can achieve this simply enough using a mail merge data file to create
the numbering sequence - the principle is that used in the Excel data file
method at http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm, though in this case you
would put your number field in a form letter merge document i.e. your form.

You may find http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm
useful as this covers the basic principles of mail merge with Word 2002/3

Maurice wrote:
I have created a Word based form, which I normally print out. I then
use the hardcopy to produce multiple photocopies, and physically
number each copy with a different / unique serial number, using a
mechanical auto numbering machine / stamp.
Surely there are better and easier ways of achieving this chore via
electronic means.
What I would ultimately like to achieve is, to print multiple pages