Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shrikant Shrikant is offline

Default Closing Word File giving 'Error Message'

When I close word file by clicking on the 'X' mark on the left hand top of
the page, I get an error message with prompt to 'report this error to
Microsoft'. This is annoying. However when I close the file by selecting the
'Close' option from the Menu, I do not get this error message. I find
clicking on X is more direct and time saving method. However due this error
message, it is getting irritating and more time consuming. Why this is may be
happening ? What is the solution ?
--
Shrikant

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tine202 Tine202 is offline

Although there are a few more steps involved, try using file, exit and see if
you can replicate the error. Adocument management system (DMS) is a computer
system (or set of computer programs) used to track and store electronic
documents and/or images of paper documents. The term has some overlap with
the concepts of Content Management Systems and is often viewed as a component
of Enterprise Content Management Systems (ECM) and related to Digital Asset
Management, Document imaging, Workflow systems and Records Management
systems. Contract Management and Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) can be
viewed as either components or implementations of ECM..